Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Spotlight: Lessons in Forever by Julie Raust

Synopsis:
Widowed at a young age, Rachel Halson has spent the last 20 years as the ultimate mother, volunteer and picture-perfect good girl—and she’s had enough. Now she wants to experience all things sexual. The only problem is that Rachel’s not sure she has it in her; fortunately, that changes the instant she meets Detective Mitch Lang.

Mitch is gruff, demanding and definitely not the type to break in a mild-mannered homemaker from Wyoming. However, after one taste of her, Mitch finds he wants nothing more than to teach the lovely Miss Halson all the naughty things he can do to her in his bed.

Luckily, Mitch and Rachel both want the same thing—sex. No strings, no emotions, just hot, wild sex . . . and lots of it.

But when casual begins to feel like commitment and a dirty cop threatens their relationship, Mitch and Rachel must decide if what they have is actually worth fighting for.

Warning: This book contains a mature sexy, alpha male hero who knows how to make a curvy woman scream in bed, on a table, against a wall, on the floor and anywhere else he pleases. Its spicy sex scenes may be too hot for some to handle, and there’s no lack of four-letter words. Luckily one of them is 'love'.

Excerpt:
He watched all the color drain from Rachel’s face while she scanned the dozens of condoms and two sealed tubes of lube as they tumbled onto the wooden surface. He smiled smugly—time for her to lose the innocent act.

“Oh. My. God. I’m going to kill him,” she hissed quietly, her hand at her mouth, covering her shock. “I . . . those aren’t . . . wait a minute? You . . . think I’m a prostitute?”

Damn, she was good. “The innocent act only works on me once, Rachel, so you can drop it. I asked you a question. How much was Kyle paying you?”

“I . . . he wasn’t! Those aren’t even mine!” she squealed, desperate for Mitch to believe her. “I can’t believe this is happening.”

“Believe it, Miss Halson,” he slowly unsnapped the tab on pouch that kept his handcuffs secured to his belt, “because it’s not too late to take that ride to the station.”

Rachel’s eyes darted from his face to the cuffs and back again. Her complexion paled, and she chewed on her lip nervously.

The seemingly innocent gesture caused alarm bell’s to go off in Mitch’s head, his cock to harden painfully and—for a brief instance—he almost felt sorry for her fate.
“Oh god. I can’t get arrested for prostitution,” she mumbled.

*****

Her plea seemed to have no effect on the angry man cuffing her. For the first time that night Rachel feared the handsome law officer. In her small front hall, his broad shoulders, muscled arms and long thick legs dwarfed Rachel’s larger-than-average frame, threatening to engulf her.

With the second metal bracelet secured, he leaned down close to her ear, so close she could feel his warm breath tickling her flesh. “Well, you’re in luck,” the man rasped almost seductively, “because I’m gonna make you an offer, Miss Halson. And you should know that I don’t ever make such offers, so think very wisely before you make your decision.”

Taking her chin in his hand, he forced her head up to ensure he had her full attention. In the dim light, his sliver eyes called to her, calming her, while at the same time causing her pulse to quicken. “We can take that ride downtown, you’ll get arrested and most likely spend the rest of the evening in jail, or you can work off some of Kyle’s money right here, Miss Halson, on your knees.”

Is he really offering me freedom at the price of a blow job? Sucking on Detective Lang’s cock would not be a punishment for Rachel. She’d wanted a taste of him the minute she’d laid eyes on him.
“Detective Lang—”

He interrupted, “Save your breath and your explanations, Miss Halson. All I want is your decision. Are we driving back to the station or are you gonna suck me off?...”

Author Interview:
Can you describe your book in one sentence?
It's never too late to learn how to find new love in and out of the bedroom.

What was the hardest chapter (or part) to write and why?
The suspenseful parts were the most difficult. This is the first story I wrote with a twist. I'm not used to writing anything but love scenes, dialog, and sexy stuff, so it was a challenge.

Favorite quote from your book?
“’Ain’t gonna happen,” he said with a shake of his head. “I want sex, just sex. If you want more, Rachel, find someone else. But know this: a vase full of carnations is never gonna look as good on your kitchen table as you spread eagled with my face between your thighs, eating that sweet pussy of yours.”

Is there any particular author or book that influenced you in any way either growing up or as an adult?
Reading my step-grandmother's Harlequins began my love of romance books.As I got older the spicier stuff became known to me and I became drawn to the more erotic reads.

How did you come up with your title?
It just came to me as I was writing. The hero was to be giving her lessons in sex/ love and you'll have to read the ending to figure out where the rest came from (I bet you can guess...lol)

One of your favorite quotes –
"You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step."
This quote inspired me to write. I was always writing, but I found I could never decide on an ending. One night when I was frustrated with my writing, this quote kept playing over and over in my head. The next day I decided it would just continue writing and worry about the end when I got there. I always find this motivational.

What was the best writing advice that someone has ever given to you?
Get a good beta reader. It has changed my work. I love getting feedback and to see the little things I missed before my work gets published only makes it better. I'd recommend this valuable step for all authors.

What is your favorite/least favorite part of writing? Why?
Distractions. Like Twitter, Pinterest, Goodreads etc.. Whenever I get stumped, I find I can't help but surf the net. That's why sometimes I have to force myself to an internet free zone to write.

What is your favorite thing about being an Indie writer? 
Freedom. I can write what I want, choose my own covers, make changes as I see fit, and work with my own schedule. Best of all, I don't have to wait 3-6 months to hear if my book will get accepted. It gets out to my readers as soon as I feel it's ready!

Anything you want to say to your readers?
A big fat THANK YOU for reading and reviewing and for all your support. You let me live my dream and do what I love to do!

Find Lessons in Forever and Julie Raust online:
Amazon ♥ B&N  Smashwords ♥ Goodreads ♥ Twitter ♥ Website

No comments:

Post a Comment